The Virtual Cabinet document portal acts as a mechanism for secure document storage, sharing, distribution and workflow between companies and individuals.
Ok, but what does that mean for me?
To answer this, let's think of the scenarios available to us at present:
To communicate or collaborate on documents with your clients, two methods are most likely being used - post or e-mail. Whilst the latter may speed up the former, there is still a lack of control and administration that could provide many benefits.
The reality for sign-off purposes is that until now, realistically, post is the only option. This process is slow, manual, certainly not controlled or audited and expensive! By using the portal the process is automated, hassle-free to your clients and fully controlled and audited by yourselves. The process of client document authorisation is revolutionised.
Virtual Cabinet document management users are able to publish documents to an individual notifying them via an email address. The document is securely uploaded to a hosted environment (or Cloud as people are now calling it) and an email notification sent to the target individual advising them that there is a document for their attention. Users will be able to access and view documents published to them via the portal website.
Shortly after this secure publication release portal users will gain the ability to approve, change the status of, or respond, to portal documents. This rapidly becomes second nature allowing digital/electronic signatures to provide a seamless end-to-end sign off process. Full circle auditing also provides the reassurance of action performed.
In simple terms the complete end to end process is all handled for you - automated, audited and simple.
- Secure Document Delivery.
- The document itself is held in a secure environment where only the recipient can gain access to it, i.e. not just another mail box.
- You can't retract an e-mail but you can retract a published document - how many times have you sent the wrong thing?
- Ownership of the document is maintained throughout the process.
- You can prove that the published document is the correct, agreed document, knowing that the document is the same as that in the VC system - proof of original.
- Each document is given a GUID (Global Unique IDentifier). The document transaction is audited at both ends, in VC DM and VC DP.
- Who uses 'Read receipt' on e-mail? And if they do, most people turn them off. VC DP lets you know if your document has been viewed and, of course, by whom.
- Saves Time and Money.
- Provides an efficient, state-of-the-art client experience.
- You retain control.
- Your documents (and those of your clients) are completely secure.
- The process is totally automated.
- You have complete traceability.
- Full Auditing and Compliance is enabled.
- Your solution is fully integrated to your Document Management System.
- Any time, any location access to documents stored in Virtual Cabinet.